BSP Workshop Weekend
If you are new to the fascinating world of fragrance or would just like to learn more about its inspiring complexities, join us on the next British Society of Perfumers Workshop Weekend.
Organised by Kate Williams – BSP vice president and creative perfumer at Seven – a diverse programme of expert industry speakers, discussion based learning and hands-on exercises promises to open up the some of the wonders of this creative discipline.
The fully inclusive, residential weekend will explore the influence of fashion, art and academic theory on the creative process. Special guests include:
- Thought-adventurer and journeyman, Martin Holme, who will guide participants through a number of innovative techniques to stimulate the mind.
- Marianne Martin, associate lecturer in perfumer at the London College of Fashion
- Dr Tony Curtis from the University of Plymouth, who will lead participants through a practical perfume workshop; from development of the brief through to formulation of the final fragrance.
A packed programme offers invaluable insights for anyone keen to develop their perfumery knowledge or those considering a move into this captivating industry:
- The fragrance brief
- Fragrance evaluation
- Perfumery: art or science?
- Recent fine fragrances
- Perfumery trends
- Ingredients for perfumery
- Life as a perfumer
- Create your own fragrance
Taking place from the Friday 27 February to Sunday 1 March at Whittlebury Hall in Northamptonshire, the cost of the BSP Perfumery Workshop Weekend is £450 for members and £500 for non members (inclusive of accommodation and all meals).