The key 2015 fragrance trends you need to know about
We bring you highlights from our bi-annual global research reports for the Spring-Summer and Autumn-Winter seasons. Read on to discover the top fragrance trends for the year ahead.
This season is tipped to feature a number of fresh ingredients and modern interpretations of popular notes, as our fragrance insight manager, Miri Scott, explains: “We found some interesting directions for the lighter fragrances of spring and summer 2015. In particular, we see an emerging trend for rhubarb, an evolving appreciation of different tea blend aromas, as well as a feminine take on refreshing mint notes.” Each has its own character:
- Rhubarb: bringing a fresh, green, lightly tart and red berry note, rhubarb blends with fruity and floral aromas to create a subtle sharpness.
- Mint: adding a cool, green note and a hint of spice, the addition of mint gives scents a natural lift.
- Tea: offering a variety of delicate aromas, a renewed focus on tea delivers a fresh and aromatic character.
All of the emerging trends identified in this report embrace a more earthy, autumnal edge which is perfectly suited to the season. Fragrances are expected to be sophisticated and sensual; drawing inspiration from traditional ingredients from around the world but in a very modern context:
- Oud: returning after a short absence, this note delivers a rich, musty, woody-nutty scent to create a sultry Middle Eastern backdrop to compositions.
- Rose: making an appearance for the fourth consecutive A/W season, rose is distinguished by its eternal femininity and used to add powdery, fruity or woody notes to a scent.
- Leather: evident in both masculine and feminine fragrances, a leather note brings smoothness, warmth and even an animalistic direction.
Each report also unveils Seven’s own unique interpretation of the trends in new concepts created around distinct fragrance stories for the season – so please do get in-touch if you’d like to find out how our fragrance can help give your product a leading role.
Published twice a year, Seven’s Fragrance Trends report shares regular commercial insights and forecasts which are shaped by latest developments in the fine fragrance, fashion and design sectors.