Spring into Summer 2016 Fragrance Trends
In our latest global trends report, we reveal the key accords that will characterise next year’s Spring/Summer fragrance collections and how this research has inspired the retro scents behind Imperial Leather’s latest shower range.
According to our trends forecast, three fragrance notes are set to take off in Spring-Summer 2016:
- Praline: continuing the trend for gourmand scents, this modern accord adds a soft caramel-chocolate note and creamy, nutty complexity. The ideal pairing for fresh, fruity accents.
- Sorbets: a refreshing sensation of iced fruits and sugary accents creates a cooling energy in compositions.
- Freesia: with florals making a welcome return, delicate freesia is set to have a high profile. Delivering a subtle, citrusy note, its refreshing character is enhanced by a positive woody piquancy.
“The story for next summer is playful, sassy and relaxed; reflecting a shift towards brighter days and stylish outdoor living. We expect to see gourmand notes used to add depth and sweetness to compositions, while freesia will blossom in floral accords to create a delicate yet distinctive note,” predicts Miri Scott, Insight Manager.
As always, we use these insights to create our own concepts and work with brand managers to develop exciting new fragrance directions. For instance, the emphasis on sugary notes – in the context of the strong consumer retro revival – is the driving trend behind a number of fragrances we have created for Imperial Leather’s new ‘Sweets’ range of shower creams.
Launched in March exclusively with UK retailer Tesco, Imperial Leather’s new Sweets range features favourite confectionery fragrances:
- Comforting Marshmallow: a sweet and gentle scent to pamper and soothe.
- Uplifting Sherbet Lemon: zingy and zesty citrus notes to refresh and revive.
- Mouthwatering Fruit Salad: tropical, fruity aromas reminiscent of childhood summers.
- Stimulating Spearmint: cool green mint blends with a hint of sweetness to awaken and invigorate.
The collection also feeds into one of the three Spring/Summer 2016 fragrance stories defined in our report; each interprets the trends into exciting, new, market-ready concepts:
- Sugar Rush: where youth-led pop culture influences a sugary sweet, fruity fragrance direction.
- Linear Landscapes: aromatic, woody notes blend with leathery notes and creamy, soft cashmere to evoke a natural simplicity.
- Print Pop: vibrant and bold, fruity characteristics with accents of cool mint and gentle florals will create signature scents with a twist.
If you would like to talk to us about our fragrance forecast and how you can maximise the trends in your products, please do get in-touch – we’d be delighted to help.